Lodge log cast iron mini oval server
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
The mini server in oval features Lodge's patented heat-treating process that inhibits rust for worry-free maintenance.
From fine dining to home cooking, Lodge servers add authenticity to any table. This oval dish stays hot from the oven to table and is perfect for serving a lasagne for one, hors d'oeurves or sides of any kind. Most importantly, the heat-treated nature of this seasoned cast iron server means it can be put in the dishwasher for an easy clean.
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase.
- Use on all cooking surfaces (including induction), grills and open flames.
- Oven safe.
- Saute, sear, fry, bake, grill and stir fry to heart's content.
Use & Care:
- We advise the same use and care as traditional cast iron, including regular seasoning with vegetable oil to preserve the finish.
- Just because it is rust-resistant, does not mean the seasoning will stay on without proper care. In order to get a nice non-stick surface, regular care and seasoning must be applied to the heat-enhanced cast iron, just like traditional cast iron.
- Commercial dishwashers can be used as the cycle is generally under 5 minutes. Residential dishwashers can be used but the seasoning will be affected (the layer of oil that helps food not to stick when cooking) so at home, we recommend handwashing and drying as you would any Lodge Cast Iron cookware.
- As always, warm iron takes the oil better when seasoning. While letting water sit on the iron will not rust the piece, drying directly after washing is still recommended for the sake of seasoning your Lodge cookware.
Heat Treated Cast Iron - Let's get technical:
- Heat treating is NOT a coating, the Lodge Heat-Treated range is sent into a specialised furnace to go through a proprietary heat-treating process which diffuses nitrogen into the surface of the cookware. The addition of nitrogen creates a change in the makeup of the iron's surface which protects it from oxygen, therefore inhibiting oxidation (rust).
- This is a permanent change in the structure of the cast iron, and not a coating. There is no visual or textural difference between the traditional and heat-enhanced cast iron and we season it just the same.
- This process makes the cast iron rust-resistant, NOT rust proof.
Join the Homestore Auckland's newsletter
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about our exclusive deals, specials and new product launches.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.